Being of "Sound" Mind

Already posted in other thread Dave..
http://www.hostboard.com/forums/f700...ttempt-ri.html

Hey as I'm fond of saying, great minds think alike.
They might be historical, but sure are ugly.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Oops--sorry for the duplication. Did many Altec drivers from that era have that gold finish?
Being of "Sound" Mind

I have seen a number of them. All the 12's I've pulled from Seeburg boxes have been gold, as were the horns. I wonder if over runs for Seeburg found their way into other boxes? We know Altec used everything. All gold units I have seen were OEM. Never a retail unit. There were purple units for Sunn. Blue ones for Frazier.
I had a purple set of 291's till a couple years ago.
A friend swears there were orange Fender OEM's. Have seen JBL and Gauss, but if orange Altecs exist have never seen one.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Seems like some of the 50's vintage large home models had gold horns, i think it was an attempt to render them invisible behind the gold grills.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks